COVID-19 Online Retail Scheme
Enterprise Ireland has recently closed the COVID-19 Online Retail Scheme.
Please check back soon for more details
The scheme supports a maximum of 80% of eligible costs, with a minimum of €10,000 and a maximum of €40,000 available.
This is a Competitive Fund which will be administered by Enterprise Ireland on behalf of DBEI with a total fund size of €2m.
Applications for funding will be invited through a public Call for submission of projects. The close date is Wednesday 27th May 2020 at 3pm.
The purpose of this fund is to enable Irish-owned retailers to enhance their digital capability and to develop a more competitive online offer, that will enable an increase in their customer base and build a more resilient business in the domestic and global marketplace both online and offline.
Successful applicants will be awarded funding to support a maximum of 80% of the project eligible costs with a maximum grant of €40,000.
Typical elements involved in developing a sophisticated and transactional online presence include research, consultancy costs for strategy development, implementation and training.
Who can apply?
The applicant must be an Irish-owned retail enterprise that had 10 or more employees on or before 29 February 2020 and has the potential to sustain or create jobs, generate growth in online transactions and with an ambition to internationalise their business in future. An application must be submitted in the name of a company registered with the Companies Registration Office and incorporated in the Republic of Ireland at the time of application. The business must also:
- have an existing online presence (e.g. website or social media);
- have a retail outlet and derive the majority of revenue from the retail outlet(s);
- Must employ at least 10 employees in the Republic of Ireland (on a full-time equivalent basis on or before 29 February 2020);
- Previous applicants of the Online Retail Scheme who were unsuccessful will be eligible to re-apply with a modified proposal under this Call. Successful applicants in previous calls are eligible to re-apply under this call, once they have fully completed the project funded, fully claimed all eligible costs and propose a clearly different project to that undertaken under previous calls.
Package Options Available
Package 1 comprises of 6 weeks project champion (client side manager level) and 2 weeks (1o days) agency service provider
Total Cost Of Package €15,000 Ex Vat
Client Cost with 80% Funding €3,000 Ex Vat
Package 2 comprises of 6 weeks project champion (client side manager level) and 3 weeks (15 days) agency service provider
Total Cost Of Package €19,500 Ex Vat
Client Cost with 80% Funding €3,900 Ex Vat
Package 3 comprises of 8 weeks project champion (client side manager level) and 4 weeks (20 days) agency service provider
Total Cost Of Package €26,000 Ex Vat
Client Cost with 80% Funding €5,200 Ex Vat
Typical elements involved in developing a sophisticated and transactional online presence include:
- In-depth analysis of the company’s current and potential online presence and capabilities, target audience and brand. This research should help the applicant make informed decisions about e.g. optimisation of online marketing channels, web functionality, payment systems specification, catalogue presentation, supply chain management, consolidated inventory systems, order fulfilment and consumer experience.
- Development of a written digital strategy and a roadmap for implementation including resource and business process considerations;
- Identifying how the company’s value proposition should be demonstrated online, what aspects should be emphasised and how best to present this to online customers;
- Ensuring that the company’s online presence is being fully utilised / optimised to fulfil its overall potential, supporting the overall business strategy;
- Consideration of omnichannel offering (including marketplaces and social media).
- Optimising the company’s online presence to ensure domestic and international visibility (e.g. web enhancement and localisation, associated business process enhancements, search engine optimisation etc.);
- Enhancing related “back end” systems (e.g. product presentation, supply chain management, systems integration to improve consumer experience etc.).