Most business owners will be shocked to learn that the average conversion from their website may likely be in the range of less than 1% to 3% (though it does vary by industry sector). To be clear about what is meant by “conversion”, a conversion can cover a broad range of actions, from signing up for a newsletter, downloading a PFD, viewing a video or going through a complete online purchase.
The user experience the visitor gets from your site – how easy it is to use, how fast it is and how simple you make it for visitors to complete an action – will all impact on your conversation rates. There are a number of improvements which can be made to a website to improve its conversion rates. These include the following, but each must be judged on its merits for relevance to any specific website:
- A relevant landing page – if visitors are coming to your landing page via a PPC ad, ensure that landing page copy matches the ad content
- Use of videos (perhaps to show there’s real people behind your website).
- Have a very clear call to action (CTA) – keep it simple and easy to use
- The goal of the CTA delivers a need of the user (it is relevant to them)
- Tell visitors exactly what they’re going to get
- Keep the CTA above “the fold” wherever possible
- Don’t provide too many CTA options
Websites developed by bbmm.ie are inherently built with clear, concise call to actions (CTA’s) to maximise conversions. For more information please email us.