LEO Trading Online Vouchers (TOV)
What is the Online Trading Voucher?
To support small Irish businesses to enhance their online trading presence. TRADING ONLINE VOUCHERS to the value of €2,500 (up to 90% of eligible costs up to the maximum of €2,500) are now available through a programme under the National Digital Strategy funded through the Department of Communications, Energy and Natural Resources. The vouchers are delivered through each Local Enterprise Office across the country. The aim of the online trading voucher scheme is to help small businesses grow their sales, exports and ultimately jobs.
Who is eligible For An Online Trading Voucher?
The online trading voucher is targeted at businesses that have a limited online trading presence. They must have less than 10 employees and turnover less than €2million. Applicants must be registered in the County they apply for and trading for a minimum of 12 months.
Applicants for the Trading Online Voucher must attend the TOV Online Information Seminars, hosted at LEO offices which will be taking place across the country throughout 2020, served online via Zoom.
Note: ineligible projects include those with charitable status, commercial semi-state companies, ‘’not for profit’’ organisations, trade associations and company representation bodies such as Chambers of Commerce.
The next seminar for Wicklow based companies is the 16th June at 9:20A.M. and is free to attend.
The next seminar for DLR based companies is the 19th May and is free to attend.
Applications for South Dublin based companies can apply for seminars from their webpage on the links below.
Closing date for applications for businesses that have attended the Trading Online seminar will be towards the end of each month.
The Online Trading Voucher can be used for:
- IT consultation;
- Development or upgrade of an e-commerce website;
- Implementing Online payments or booking systems;
- Purchase of Internet-related software;
- Developing an app (or multiplatform webpages);
- Development of a digital marketing strategy;
- Implementing a digital marketing strategy;
- Training/skills development specifically to establish and manage online trading activity.
- Subscriptions (excluding transaction costs) to low cost online retail platform solutions, which would allow applicants to quickly establish a retailing presence online.
- Purchase of Online Advertising (this purchase cannot make up any more than 30% of all other approved Voucher costs and can only be drawn down in one payment phase);
- Purchase of Professional Photography (this expenditure cannot make up any more than 80%of all other approved voucher costs and can only be drawn down in one payment phase)
The Online Trading Voucher cannot be used for:
- Development of brochure websites
- Purchase of non-internet related software
- Anything other than online trading related activity
The team here at bbmm have been working with LEO as suppliers of ecommerce websites and facilitating Trading Online Vouchers since they were first introduced back in 2014. We have worked on over 30 local successful applicants websites so far and helped turned static websites into ecommerce stores in all cases. LEO Wicklow have developed a useful website development guide that we recommend you download and use as a part of your application.